Ever since Hilton finally started sleeping through the night we have developed a pretty complicated bedtime routine. Whenever Jared takes over he either gets steps out of order or forgets them altogether. But he tries which is worth a lot! Thank goodness our bedtime routine isn't completely strict and there aren't any crazy dances or tricks to getting Hilton situated. As long as he is warm and happy he goes to bed just fine. Overall though I've found that he really does notice if I don't use the lotion he likes and he definitely won't spend as much time in the bath as usual if I don't use bubble bath so I definitely rely on our bedtime products to help get to the end goal of being in bed and a good night's rest.
1. We have to use this bubble bath, it smells so good and doesn't dry Hilton out at all. It's so good and definitely goes a long way. He also loves playing in the bubbles and it makes it so he smells clean when he gets out.
2. California Baby by far is my favorite baby product line. It's a bit more expensive then the usual brands like Johnson and Johnson etc. but so worth it! A little goes a long way with this brand as well and it smells SO good comparatively. This diaper rash cream we love and I always put a little on Hilton's bum before putting on him nighttime diaper because obviously that diaper is on the longest so I definitely want to protect his sweet cheeks as much as possible for the night.
3. Burt's Bee's Baby Bee Calming Lotion. Love. So moisturizing has a nice calming smell to it that isn't overpowering at all and is made primarily from natural ingredients. Love it. I smother him in it from head to toe every night and it keeps his dry skin outbreaks to a minimum and keeps him smelling nice and fresh.
4. Carter's fleece sleepers. It's all we buy and all Hilton will wear. Definitely have stocked up in every size.
5. And lastly Goodnight Moon and a variety of other baby books. Typically we read about 3-4 depending on the night before I put him down and he loves them. He has started helping me turn the pages which is sometimes not so helpful but it's nice to know he's following along and I've learned which books he loves the most which is fun.
We love these products and I know from trying others that these are the best for little man's bedtime routine. Try them out and if you use them already then you know what I'm talking about! And good luck to all the moms with babies they're trying to get adjusted to a sleeping routine, I know how hard it is but you can do it! Restful nights are on the horizon.