Monday, January 13, 2014

Your First Month


You my precious baby are already one month old. How is this possible? It's been a month since they laid you on my chest wide awake and calmly breathing. You barely even let out a cry when the doctor helped you enter into the world. This is how you have been the majority of your life so far. Calm, happy and inquisitive. And you were perfect. I'm reminded of this each day I look at you. You're perfect nose, ears, fingers, and toes. And you are all mine.

You've been very patient with your dad and I as we've figured out what you want and need from us. You have started being more and more active each day for longer. Sometimes too long, you just really want to be aware of whats going on around you and so you get overtired. You resist falling asleep at times, and moms' tricks of walking the floor, rubbing your back, and in times of extreme desperation-car rides-don't always work. But you're definitely starting to figure out day and night time and are only waking up maybe two times each night.

You are such a happy baby. You smile on a daily basis much to the surprise of grandparents and friends. We love it. It makes me happy thinking of all the wonderful experiences that are soon to be yours. Keep on smiling little one.

You're also an incredibly healthy baby. So far dad has had a cold for the last week of your first month and you haven't gotten sick, which we are SO grateful for. You've gained half of your birth weight already, putting you past the 70th percentile in weight for your age. You've already started to grow out of your newborn clothes which makes mom really sad and weepy when she looks at your little clothes, especially your 'coming home from the hospital' outfit which you outgrew a week ago. But it's all good and just the beginning of you outgrowing your clothes I know. 

We're so happy to call you ours and I know you love us as well. I can't believe its already been a month, but I'm sure I'll be thinking the same thing when you turn one year old. Here's to many more memories to be made! I love you my baby, and you'll always be my sweet little baby.

Birth: 7 lbs. 15 oz.
1 month: 11 lbs. 14 oz.

No comments: