Friday, February 11, 2011

Daddy-Daughter Skiing Date

Since class got out today at 11 for me and I didn't have to work, Dad and I arranged to take the day and go skiing. I met him at the base of Big Cottonwood Canyon and we drove up to Brighton. It was a lovely three hours on the slopes. 



I grew up skiing. Dad actually was the one who taught me when I was three or four, and every winter while I was in public school he'd check me out of school almost every other friday to go skiing. It's one of those childhood memories that come back on days like today. 


Anyways, I love getting back on the slopes. Its so peaceful just gliding down the mountain with the wind in your face, and the snow glistening and such. And the even better part of a day skiing is riding up the lift with Dad. It's nice to get time to just visit and enjoy something we love together. 


Can't wait to be back on the slopes very, VERY soon. 

~M~

No comments: