Monday, July 22, 2013

Gender Reveal Party

We had a great time at our gender reveal party and are so grateful for all the love and support from our families that were able to be there. It was a small affair, so I'm sorry to all the cousins we couldn't invite we wish you all could have been there.

I should have taken more photos, but unfortunately I only got the really important ones: the gender announcement photos!


Baby Smith's cute little profile, you can even see it's beating heart


And it's a.....


 BOY!!!!!



Jared was the main one cutting the cake, I think he was a lot more anxious about it then I was so I let him take charge. His reaction was so cute. I don't know if everyone heard it but after he made the first cut and pulled out the knife crumbs from the cake were on it and clearly blue, and he let out this little giggle of excitement because he was so happy it was a boy! I honestly think the idea of having a girl first scared him a little, and he really has wanted a little buddy to take fishing and shooting because let's be honest after an hour of that I'm done and want to go home.

The thing that everybody got a kick out of was how cake is our kryptonite. The first thing after holding up the slice of cake that Jared tried to do was smash it in my face, so once he stopped trying of course I retaliated and smacked his own hand into his face with the cake in it. Then he took the remnants and smeared it in my face before I could move. Everybody was laughing except my mom because of the blue cake on her carpet. But everybody got a kick out of it, and it helped release some of our jitters. I hope someone got a picture of that!

We're so excited for this little soul to come to our family and even though we were both guessing Boy and are both really happy it is a boy, I just want an extremely healthy baby which I think it will be after our ultrasound. The tech was amazing and explained each organ she was looking at during it, everything was normal. She even took pictures of his little feet because I was concerned if there were ten toes. She kindly counted them out for me, and even got a frontal face view to make sure there wasn't a cleft pallet. So far I've been so impressed with my doctor and his staff and I'm excited to complete the last half of this pregnancy so I can meet our little boy at the end.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

How exciting! Congratulations on your little boy!

Katie A. said...

Congrats you guys! That is so exciting!!!!