Monday, January 24, 2011

{The End}

Although I finished the third and final book to the Hunger Games series well over a week ago, I really wanted to take some time to decide really how I felt about the end of such a great series. At first, like everyone predicted, I was very bitter and sad about how quickly it ended. Then also like many suggested, I went through and re-read the last five or so chapters. I finally got some closure although I still felt that the ending events happened to quickly without enough explanation.


Unlike many people however, I wasn't rooting for Peeta the whole time. If we'd been better introduced to Gale then I definitely would have been on his side. I didn't really choose a side until Mockingjay when Gale was introduced quite a bit more. But in the end I was glad that Peeta got back to normal and they went back to 12 together.

Kind of reminds me of Jer and I. Her last line could have been directed exactly towards us, "I have plenty of fire myself. What I need is the Dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our loses...and only Peeta [Jared] can give me that."

Overall, this series was absolutely an AMAZING read. Make sure to take a week off of everything to read it.

No comments: