Saturday, January 08, 2011

The start of training

For the first time since the New Year began I finally had some spare time in the afternoon to go running. How did it go you may ask? Well, seeing as I haven't really run since high school tennis...not so great.

But, that does not make me want to quit. It just shows me how absolutely out of shape I am!

(ready to go running in my new running gear from the Nike store in LV)

I started down our street to Sara Bareilles' Kaleidoscope Heart CD and got about half a mile before I could taste the metal taste and subsequently started being very short of breath. Lung full's of smog anyone? So I only jogged/walked back, but beginning new habits is the hardest I think so its a start. My goal is to go running 2-3 times a week, increasing my distance as I progress. I've been looking at some 5K's that could work and there are some near the end of February in Utah County that would work. 

And as a plus the new running shoes arrived (:


I'm looking forward to breaking these in. Here's to the happy miles ahead!

No comments: