Thursday, July 08, 2010

a need to vent...

For those of you that don't know I recently made the choice to start working in a nursing home in addition to the home health job I'd been doing. It has been a smart choice because we need the money, but it has sucked working my first grave shifts, and dealing with all the crap that goes on in a nursing home. Lazy nurses, CNA's who are jerks, and patients who are needlessly demanding are not a bright spot in my day.

For the most part its been ok, some days even great because I connect with one of the patients that aren't completely there and I help them, but today was absolute &*%#. I won't tell specific stories of what happened because it would take to long, but basically if you want me to do something be nice about it because I'll be more likely to want to do it and more helpful. If you're an a-hole to me about it I respond negatively. I got ready to leave work feeling exhausted and like I had worked especially hard today because we were short an aide (one girl decided to just not come in), but right before I left I had a nurse tear into me. He hadn't been friendly to me all shift and then just became unnecessarily snappy with me at the end about one specific patient. Ruder than he needed to to get what he wanted done. Wish I could have said, "Yeah, I understand you've had a long day too nurse, but don't take it out on me." But I didn't because that would have just made it escalate. So instead I thought I'd write it to all of you who read this.

The only bright spots of my day was finally getting my social security name 'changed' today around noon and then coming home from this awful shift to my amazing husband who had made me dinner and cleaned the house.I love this man so so much and am so grateful he is in my life. How did I snag such an amazing guy? Anyways I'm tired and just want to snuddle and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to do that with me...right about...now.

No comments: