Thursday, July 29, 2010

{family additions}

Yesterday Jer and I had this crazy idea to head out to Topaz mountain for fun since I didn't work. It was a long drive and I got quite a bit of a nap in. Once we got there it was hot but Jared impressed me with his topaz finding skills



I also love this man because he's constantly entertaining me...like I was trying to take a suitable picture of us to on our 'adventure' and came up with this...


and then on our way home we were passing a train and my hubby decided to race it...like a cowboy in our Mazda3?



So those are just some reasons why I love my hubby. We also  saw some wildlife including this cute little baby horse-y


 Which reminds me I haven't announced it yet...

Breck and Jarom (Jared's sis and bro-in-law) are prego! They are due sometime in February. We are so excited for them to have a second addition to their family. This year has brought quite a bit of change to the Smith/Cowan families and its looking to be a great rest of the year!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you two are so cute! you are always doing fun adventures! i love your love for jared! that video made me laugh...looks like you are loving the married life!

Heather Rae said...

Are they really?! Last I heard they were NOT and NOT trying. Congrats to them!

Melissa Smith said...

Thanks Ali! We definitely are. BTW how are you and your guy? Hope all is well!

Heather, they are. Exciting huh?! Two and a half months along actually! They had their first ultrasound or heartbeat hearing appointment this week.

Mrs. W said...

love topaz mtn. glad you had fun! Congrats for Breck and Jerom! yay!