Sunday, August 21, 2011

cantelopes meet the M1A

This past weekend we had a blast hanging out with Nate and Kristi, one of our many newlywed friends. Jer and Nate are quite the couple of gun lovers, and since they went up on friday and shot watermelon and didn't invite me and Kristi, they made up for it on Saturday.

We stopped by Walmart and picked up around twenty cantelopes that were on a huge sale, and then headed up past the Bountiful 'B' and found a little grove to hang and strap them to the trees. Quite quickly Kristi and I got extremely sick of our little pistols, and so the boys let us use their big guns.

Since this is the first time I've even wanted to use the M1A since we got married, Jer got super excited and Nate took some ceremonial pics. Needless to say, it was EXTREMELY heavy, rather loud (I could even hear it thru the headmuffs), and I know have a lovely shiner on my shoulder area.

But I will definitely say, it was the most fun I've ever had shooting so far. Maybe exploding fruit is a lot more fun than pigeons. Either way, hanging them from trees was a good idea. It made it a lot more fun. I highly suggest it for anyone who wants a challenge!

It sure was a fun weekend! Maybe I'll be better about taking more pictures next time.

Until then,
J&M

p.s. is it weird that I am right hand dominant, but left eye dominant? I am weird. 

1 comment:

Ross said...

It must have been fun to take out all your stresses on those poor old cantelope!! Really enjoyed finding your site and reading it for the first time today.