Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our State Fair

After a week of trying to figure out a time to coordinate our schedules, and a lot of whining (from me, and Jared's momma) we were able to get to the state fair Saturday night! It was absolutely packed because it was the last Saturday for the fair, but it was absolutely worth it.

One of the most important things to do at the fair, is EAT the odd things you find. No, I'm not talking litter from the sidewalk (grosssss). I'm talking about the wonderful fried oreos, deep fried pickles (a fair tradition), and corn dogs. What do all of these things have in common? Yep, grease. lots of it too. I've been exercising my self control all week to allow for times like last night. We're certainly feeling it today, but it was well worth it. After all the fair only happens once a year!


My cowboy is holding a fried green pickle, MMM!


Us next to the famous annual butter cow creation


Riding the big yellow slide. That's right, this year I BEAT Jared by getting to the bottom first! (that's what happens when you trash talk honey)


Then we went to check out the livestock, and I stood next to this HUGE bull. I didn't want to get much closer in case I spooked the animal and it would spear me with its horns (those things were BIG even if the picture doesn't show it, trust me. GI-NORMOUS).

All in all we had a ton of fun, and it was a wonderful summer night for a visit to the fair. Thanks to Ashley and Mom-in-law for coming along. Its so much more fun with a group! I certainly wouldn't have changed anything about it!

No comments: