Sunday, September 26, 2010

Who has the time anymore...?

You know how, like oh, a month ago I made that shirt (well decorated it)? And I had supplies for another one? Yeah...I barely did that today.

That....


Became this...


Minus the zebra fabric. I'm afraid it was a bit too much for me. But seriously, who has spare time that wants to do my DIY projects for me? I suppose that's why a lot of people don't like DIY projects: NO TIME. Between work, school, and homework I barely have time to breathe! Is anybody else feeling this way? I am certainly looking forward to Thanksgiving break even though its a month away.


Speaking of Zebra fabric though, I don't think I have ever in my whole life seen more animal print clad ladies then I did at Capitol Theater Saturday night (slightly hypocritical seeing as I wore my cheetah cardigan-not on purpose though).

 
My parents took me to the second-to-last showing of the Lion King, which was AMAZING! The costumes were just mind boggling, and the singing/music was so entertaining! 


I really wish Jer had come to sing along to the Disney songs. You see, my wonderful well meaning husband tricked me into thinking he was going to be out of town this weekend, so that he could surprise me by not being out of town. Well, my loving, well meaning parents didn't want to leave me sitting alone on a Saturday night, so they bought me a ticket to Lion King RIGHT before Jer surprised me by not being out of town. But by that time, the ticket had already been bought, and the show was (according to the box office) sold out. So my sweet husband didn't come, which is unfortunate because I think he really would have loved it!


Anyways, overall a good and productive weekend that my husband didn't go away for, which is always a plus! Now back to the crazy work/school/homework/not enough time in the day week. Why does it have to be Monday? WHY?!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this shirt and how crafty you are! So cute!! I was going to tell you that earlier this morning, but decided I should get ready for work instead of blogging and then being late... I'm good at that!

Chocolate - makes me pee. Yes, pee. Weird, right? Started about two years ago but if I eat it, I'll have to go A LOT. Like every 10 mins or so. It's crazy. So I just avoid it!

Melissa Smith said...

Ah thanks you are so sweet!!! No, I understand...work takes priority! That is crazy, I didn't know that did that to people...what a shame...chocolate is so good too. But I wouldn't want to have to deal with that just for some sugar either so yeah!

Just me said...

yes. the answer is yes, I most DEFINITELY feel that way too!!!

P.s. why are we not friend? We should try and make time for lunch one of these days. A very necessary break from homework, mayhaps?

Madeline said...

That shirt turned out soooooo good.

Melissa Smith said...

Ah thanks Madeline! I was really very very glad that it came out the way it did. I still am undecided if people think its handmade if they don't know it is...

The Simmons Family said...

That shirt is so cute! How do you make those flowers?? So adorable!

Melissa Smith said...

they are actually super easy to make. I'll have to post the tutorial where I found them (: