Wednesday, September 01, 2010

{School}

Nothing new has really happened in the past couple days except Jer went back to school last week, and I went back at the beginning of this week. I completely and totally meant to get 'first day of school pictures' but forgot so I apologize! If it helps you to imagine we both have 8 AM classes on MWF so neither of us looked amazing on our first day of school. (:

I do have a fun report for you and that is; to my complete and utter joy my sociology professor required us to read one of our assigned books in exactly four days. This book consisted of 285 pages and was actually a very good read except for the fact that I am a full time student, and working almost full time. So I was up late reading, and trying to read it in my breaks between classes, which isn't my favorite way to read a book.

HOWEVER even though I wasn't happy about the assignment I turned out loving the read, and thought I'd share it with all of you. The book is 'Outliers, The Story of Success' by Malcolm Gladwell. It was a very good book, especially to read at the beginning of a new semester to help you  set high goals because hardwork, dedication, and luck are what make people extraordinary (according to the book). I thoroughly enjoyed it, and if you need a great motivational book I HIGHLY suggest it.


But seriously. If you're looking for a good read and (unlike me) aren't in school and have time on your hands-READ IT! I loved it and I truthfully think you will too.

P.S. don't you love the fact that its only 70 outside now instead of 107 billion degrees? yes me too.

P.P.S. the smell of newly unwrapped paper and sharpened pencils is intoxicating.....yes my husband thinks I'm nuts...and no, he knew that before we got married. (:

No comments: