Thursday, May 05, 2011

Cinco de Mayo: our own little present's present

After a full twenty four hours with Adi we are officially in LOVE. Today was also the first time I had to put her in her crate for a couple hours while I went to class. She started whimpering as I left. 
Let me tell you, she has definitely already learned how to pull on my heart strings. 
What am I going to do about enforcing rules once we have kids?!

Yes, we let her sleep with us last night. And yes, it was a mistake.
She left us a Cinco de Mayo present...which was fun to clean up. 

But that didn't stop us from letting her play with her toys. Yes, that is a mallard duck. I may be training her to be a hunting dog. Jared's a little skeptical though. He thinks the ducks may die from being licked to death rather than being properly hunted. What can I say, she's just such a sweetheart!

p.s. check our her adorable tail. Its my favorite part of her second after her ears.

Oh my, I just love her! I am so grateful to have her in our lives. She is that bright ray of sunshine and spirit that we were missing before. We now feel like we are truly a family, and more than just a married couple. I am so grateful for my husband. He doesn't mind the attention that she gets, partly because he's just as infatuated with her as I am.

Happy Thursday!

~M

No comments: