Sunday, May 29, 2011

They come in three's

Bad luck. Horrible experiences. Sad goodbyes. 

Let me warn you: this post is not happy. 

It is rare that I have an entire week filled with lots of painful, humbling experiences. 
Experiences that make your insides twist with discomfort and make you feel like what's on the inside, should be out. Days, with these feelings, are more frequent, than weeks.

But this week was hell-o jello not good.
I was truthfully having quite the pity party for myself once Saturday rolled around.

But through it all was my never-ending supportive sweetheart, loving guidance from my parents, and a little black curly haired puppy to lick me half to death each day I came home. 

Something our Bishop said today while bearing his testimony in Sacrament meeting, really seemed like he said it only to me directly. I swear he looked directly at me when saying it, or at least that's what it felt like. His message was, "Through all the sucky, horrible, no good experiences we have when it won't stop raining and life just won't let up, is that we need to remember, no matter the heartache we feel now, it is all in an eternal perspective and for our final good."

And then I realized, after all the insightful encouragement and reminders from my sweet sweet hubby, that the Lord not only has a hand in my life, but he has control of it. And that anything he does is for my eternal welfare and better good. A quote I absolutely love from Dallin H. Oaks 'Adversity' in the 1998 Ensign, "Like the mortal life of which they are a part, adversities are temporary. What is permanent is what we become by the way we react to them." This, was my reminder that I needed to not only try and be less unhappy, but I needed to find a way to be joyful, and to learn from my experiences. 

That of course is not so easy to do, but I am trying. 

I feel like I say that a lot. But isn't that what we're all doing? 
Trying to find that self sufficiency and self satisfaction from our journey in life.

Partly why this week was so hard was we laid to rest 
my final remaining grandparent on friday.
Goodbye Grandma Helen Buck. 100 years of wonderful life, 
and 20 years without your sweetheart, you deserve to go home.
We love you.

Feb. 1, 1911- May 22, 2011


Hope it was a wonderful Sunday, 
make it a week to remember!

~J&M

No comments: