Wednesday, June 01, 2011

{HappyEverAfter}

I saw this idea on a colleague's blog, but I didn't really feel prompted until of late when I started contemplating about this last year off marriage, and almost two years since my hubby and I met. What better way to honor my husband, and make this very interesting for all of you who follow, 
than to tell our love story in an episodic manner.

And a chance for me to shamelessly input some handsomely dashing photos of my hubby.


introduction:
To get this love story correct, I really should begin from the beginning, which was way before I ever even saw my now hubby...

A very good friend of mine got engaged nearing the end of my freshman year of college, and although I had a boyfriend at the time, it was nothing serious. When I heard the wonderful news, I was, shall we say, jealous? Jealous that she had found her Mr. Right while I was still stuck in the perpetual horror called 'dating world'. 

I'm sure most of you are thinking, 'good grief did no one warn her how hard marriage is?' and how, 'marriage is the most realistic a fairytale will ever get'? Well, in my 19 year old super self conscious self (yes, I felt the desire to get married at 19) all I wanted was to find my other half, or more importantly that someone who would make me feel loved, special, and important. Yes, I was a true romantic.

So as I got off the phone with my friend Erica after hearing her exciting news, I thought, 'I wonder when I will get to have that moment?' To that moment, I refer to that instant or recognition that I would have found 'the one'.

A couple weeks later semester ended, and I had a chance to meet up with my friend Erica at a restaurant local in Roy. After marveling over her gorgeous ring, (turning a bit green with envy) and asking details, we got down to the real reason why I had wanted to meet up with her. Over our food I couldn't help but request some specifics about how she knew this Brandon (who I'd never met before) was 'the one'. She looked up with me, clearly not caught up in thinking about wedding details, and clearly answered, "I knew that Brandon was the one when I stopped having the desire to date other guys, and that I could picture myself with him forever very easily. More importantly, I knew I wouldn't be as happy with anyone else as I am when I'm with him." 

Later on the long drive back home I pondered what Erica had said. "Picture myself with him forever very easily..."? Quite truthfully that easily could describe every boy I'd ever dated with few exceptions. How would I know when it was 'the one'? I was starting to really scare myself with how serious I was with this whole concept of getting married. I decided to set it aside, while I had my first summer off from college, although it was constantly in the back of my mind.

~M



Photobucket

7 comments:

Nicky said...

I'm really looking forward to reading more of your story. RIght now I am the girl who is waiting, and dreaming, and hoping and praying that it will come asap. Reading your story is really encouraging. Thank you. I have stopped by from Sweet Shot Tuesdays. Take care, Nics
www.saltandsparkle.com

Unknown said...

This is just the sweetest! I just read your about you, as well - you two [and Adi] are just adorable! Visiting from Alexandra Rose hop.

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Very cute, and like the first commenter said, looking forward to more of this story. Wanted to say thanks for linking up to the Storytellers Blog Hop!! Hope you are finding some good new reads and you are having a great start to the weekend :)

XLMIC said...

Isn't that so true? Thinking that the one you're with is The One :P
Looking forward to reading the rest! Visiting via the Storyteller Hop :)

AlexandraRose said...

Can't wait to hear the next part of the story! Thaks for linking up!

AlexandraRose said...

Oh, and I can spell thanks, haha :)

Sarah said...

I love this post - you are such an adorable couple! You guys give me hope - if you can find someone so perfect for you, then true love is definitely out there!