Monday, April 11, 2011

ChildLike

So today, I took to breaking in my Canon Rebel XTI by playing taking pictures on campus. And might I say, I an in a euphoria. It so much clearer and easier to see the beauty in everything when actually looking for it.

Seriously, its the same feeling you get from endorphins when running. And I love it.

{can you see the bluebird?}

This week I really want to talk about rediscovering childhood dreams+talents. Partially I'm inspired from Mindy Gledhill's workshop on discovering talents+cultivating creating and the happy childlike feeling I get from starting to play with photography. 

I'm like a kid in a candy store. 

What did you want to be when you were a child? I always wanted to be a ballerina and like any other little girl I loved doing hair on my dolls. I used to have an imaginary sister (being an only child can get kind of boring), until I got my puppy. I also used to play 'potions' in my tree house. Or hide and go seek in the bushes out front of our house. I used to be able to find joy in just the simplest things. Until I grew up. Were you like that?

A great indication of something you love, is just that you've always felt drawn to it. Like I never thought I'd love gardening, until I tried it. But I always loved going to the gardening section at home development stores before we got married, and I remember always loving to play in my grandma's green house. I just liked being around things that were alive. 

Take some time and think about what you could find a hidden love in. It may surprise you. 

Happy new Monday!

~M

No comments: