Thursday, March 31, 2011

Finding the {HAPPY} in Life

 I decided to start a new concept with the blog...yes if you couldn't tell I'm trying to revamp. Extra pretty please excuse me as I do so. But please DO enjoy Thursday guest posts from now on! Below is a little tid-bit from a couple of friends of mine whose blog I L O V E. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you take a peak... and welcome to all the visitors! Stay and explore for a bit

Hi Lovelies. Melissa asked if we’d contribute to her blog, with our ideas about how we live life to the fullest. As college students, life is busy and constantly go, go, go, but here are the ways we stay grounded and happy.

{1} Keep a journal. Harley and I S W E A R by this. We both became avid journalers last summer in Europe when we did it religiously. Find the fun in recording thoughts and dreams. There is something beautiful and intense about allowing raw emotion to spill out on paper. Let go of inhibitions. Find a favorite pen. I give you permission to buy a pretty journal—today. Do it at least once a week, and practice listening to your thoughts.

{2} Family. Don’t take them for granted. Sometimes I find it too easy to be short-tempered with my parents or siblings and regret it immediately. They’ll always be there, so enjoy every minute of it.



{3} Find balance. In order to feel fulfilled, we must achieve a balance. Force yourself to do the necessary things on the checklist before you go out and play. Work hard, play hard.

{4} Me time. Award yourself ME time. What do you love? What makes you feel alive? Find the thing and do it. Spending time for yourself will give you the rejuvenation you need to finish the menial tasks. My yoga instructor brought this quote to class:

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive." Howard Thurman

{5} Live with passion. This relates to #4, but it's different. Have pride in what you do; put your heart and soul into everything. I think passion can transform nothing into something.


We would love to hear your ideas as well at Harley&Jane!

xoxo
Jane.

P.S. my flower pots are starting to grow and put out flower starts...in only a WEEK!
I knew bulbs would be where my green thumb lies.

Happy Thursday!
~M

1 comment:

Katie said...

such a fun new series!