Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Day 15: Furniture move

Today was spent packing up and getting ready for a huge haul down to the apartment. We took Jer's bed and chest of drawers, and my large chest of drawers and night stands down in a U-Haul. We also loaded up the entire Jeep, and Suzuki with all the shower presents and then half my closet and almost all my shoes. I thought I had done a good job consolidating, but I guess not.


Unfortunately, I completely forgot all of the things my parents got me for Christmas, which consisted of our china, silverware, pots and pans, and a couple dishware sets. I also forgot my Kitchen Aid mixer. Guess I will have to take those down sometime next week with another huge carload.

The apartment has been freshly painted, and we have the keys on our key rings. Only trouble is Jer's is the only one that works....so I'll need to call the Owner tomorrow. But she's really nice, so it'll all be fine. Our upstairs tenant had already brought down a note welcoming us, telling us when church was, and she also gave us the Bishops name and number. She seems like she's going to be a wonderful neighbor!

No comments: