Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 21: spiders

As I've been cleaning, organizing, and de-cluttering my bedroom I have been finding all kinds of nice surprises under piles, behind furniture, and in my closet. I live in the basement mainly because its cooler down there and I completely enjoy it. Except for the spiders. If they're dead, I'm fine. If they're alive, its totally another matter. Jared will have to also get used to a lot of bug killing because unless its a fast mover, I scream and let my dad do it.

The funny thing is if it is one I feel like I need to kill, I'm more likely to grab hairspray and suffocate it then I am to step on it. Odd? I dunno. I just know whenever I would find them in the bathroom I'd spray them with Lysol until they stopped moving. No, I don't agree with PETA's feelings regarding bugs, couldn't you tell?

As I was cleaning today I was thinking how grateful I was I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore...and then I remembered we're moving into a basement apartment (yet again for the cooler temperatures). Lovely. Hopefully the windows are sealed really well. I'll need to invest in a clothes hamper that is lifted off the ground so they don't get in my clothes to surprise me when I do the laundry. Speaking of which I'd better get going with my piles.

Here's the only thing that I did today for wedding.


My dad spray painted it white, and then I did the ribbon. I wish I had a before picture, but I didn't think to do that. The idea of a birdcage is something I've always wanted to have at my reception. I saw one at a friends reception used as places to collect the cards that some guests bring as their gift and I loved it, so that's what we're doing. And of course it completely ties in with my idea of antique/vintage style!

BTW exactly three weeks from today I will be a MARRIED WOMAN!!! It seriously can't come faster!

1 comment:

Katie A. said...

That is a really cute idea! I've never heard of that before!