Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 28: patience

I haven't learned that virtue yet. What else is there to say?


As I spent today waiting for the car to be ready for me to test drive it (hopefully tomorrow) and had nothing to do (I conveniently forgot it all)  I spent my day laying on my bed remembering when Jer and I first started dating. It was all such a whirlwind, and sometimes (today) I find myself wishing I could re-live it all. All the awkward hugs before our first kiss, all the wonderful conversations getting to know each other, all of the whirlwind romance.

Even though we're almost eleven months from when we first started dating, he still makes me smile, and often he is the only one who knows what I am thinking at opportune moments. Its just that our love has evolved, and changed. But as my cousin April was telling me, that's what marriage is about, "being able to love someone no matter what happens." I can't wait for the next month to go by, let alone being able to spend the rest of forever with my sweetheart.

No comments: