Monday, May 10, 2010

Signed on the dotted line

Jer and I drove down to Art City, Utah (Springville) to sign the contract for our apartment! We're both totally stoked and have started planning decorating, furniture, etc. Kinda scary, but also tantalizingly adventurous! Good news for Jared is that our landlord is way into fishing. So it looks like Jared had nothing to worry about when he thought he'd have no one to go fishing with when we moved. 
I'm really worried about the colors we've selected for our bathroom. Jared and I had a deal that I got to choose the colors for the kitchen, and he got to choose the colors for the bathroom. Well, here's the problem. Our bed comforter is red and gold, and Jared chose red and black for the bathroom. Will that be to much red? I don't know. The kitchen will be blue and silver so that will be a nice difference, but still...we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Good news is that tomorrow my totaled car will be sold for scrape metal tomorrow. Best news of my life. Not. However tomorrow I will be test driving a mission car in downtown Salt Lake hopefully around 2 p.m. Its a Corolla but that'll be a great reliable car, and it has less than 50,000 miles on it. I really hope it works out. I'd really like to have a car again. Its twice as much as we wanted to pay for a replacement car, but the only cars we could find for the price we were willing to pay were all rebuilt titles which are apparently REALLY BAD ideas. So yes.

Isn't it funny how life moves along, and even though it changes, it changes for the better often times? And when it doesn't change for the better, the negatives help the person change for the better? I'm so grateful for challenges. I'm so grateful for worries and stresses. It makes me a better person. Stronger and more resilient.  I miss Max, and I'm going to miss my car. I'm going to miss my parents. I'm going to miss being able to live at home.

I am however not going to miss having to go home at curfew, and I am not going to miss wedding planning. It's been fun and all, but this is a hate love relationship that has got to end. Wedding coordinators love our money, but we hate the stress. Its going to be an absolutely beautiful wedding, but mom and I will be grateful to not worry about it anymore.

Basically, I can't wait to be married in a month and SIX DAYS!!!

1 comment:

Katie A. said...

Your apartment looks beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Corolla's are good cars! that's what we have! We haven't had any problems with it!